Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hi all,

So thanks to you guys, over the last month since I have purchased my new home with the pool, I have fired the pool guy, got my pool crystal clear, and keeping it that way, and have a good handle on how to keep it that way. But one last item. Since I have bought the house, I have been running the filter 24/7. It does not have a variable speed motor. the previous owner always ran it 24/7.

So how long do I run it? Pool temp is about 74 degrees now, and temps are not too hot yet. I imagine in the height of the summer I may need more runtime, but what about now? is 12 hours enough? too much? I assume run by day, off at night?

Any guidance on filter runtime would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

OK, thanks guys. Should have known to look there before posting. My Polaris runs for around 3-4 hours a day (I think, need to double check) I have quite a few trees, so pool can get dirty quick. I may start with 6 hours, with an hour in front of and back of the Polaris run. See what happens.

thanks

I think our climates are fairly similar enough that I can make this comparison. I currently run my variable speed pump 3 hours per day at ~2500 RPM (this runs the spillway and suction cleaner) with the SWG on at 50% output and that is actually more chlorine than I want right now. I've also added a very low RPM skimming feature at the end of the day for 2 additional hours (no SWG output when in skimmer mode). So, in total I run my pump for ~ 5hrs per day (3.5 kW-hrs total energy usage, ~$1 day) and my pool water and surfaces are crystal clear and clean.

As the others have said, there is almost never a reason to run a pump 24/7.

I live 2 hours South of you and I only run my pump for 3 hours a day. 2 hours mid-day and one hour in the evening. For me, that is enough skimming action and that is really all that it needs. Of course I am manually dosing with liquid chlorine and I have a robot that I throw in as needed every 3-5 days but it is independent of my pump.

And since I run my 2 speed pump on low, I barely use any electricity at all

So I have switched my filter to run 8 hours a day, from 10am - 6pm, and the Polaris runs between that from 12-4. I still think this is too much based on what I am reading around here. My questions is, how long does it take for the Polaris to cover the pool bottom? Is there any math on that?

If it's all in good working order without random hang ups in corners or steps, you'll probably need to run yours til it's clean
about 3-4 times and time how long it takes to clean the floor for your particular run time.

every pool is different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.