Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multi-Port Service. Keeping DE from returning to pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Multi-Port Service. Keeping DE from returning to pool.

I am going to be replacing a gasket on my Pentair Multiport. It seems like the last time I opened up the multi-port, I had some DE leave the filter and end up in the pool. Is this possible or am I thinking incorrectly? Maybe it happened when I left the air relief valve open on the filter? I'm thinking that if I shut off both the skimmer and main drain suction lines, there is only so much water that could leak from the multiport??
    10,000 gallon
    Viking Freeform Fiberglass Inground Pool. FNS Plus DE Filter Pentair Challenger .75hp pump

NC KANSAS44

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Multi-Port Service. Keeping DE from returning to pool.

If you close the suction lines and open the air bleed, the only place for the water to drain is through the grids to the return. When it stops glugging, close the air bleed and go to work on the rest of it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Multi-Port Service. Keeping DE from returning to pool.

Makes sense. Thanks.
    10,000 gallon
    Viking Freeform Fiberglass Inground Pool. FNS Plus DE Filter Pentair Challenger .75hp pump

NC KANSAS44