Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First timer in more ways than one

1. Back To Top    #1

First timer in more ways than one

Hello all,

My name is Jerry. Living in a suburb in Central NY. Tons of first things happening this year. First house, first pool, first (and last!) marriage. It's been a crazy 5 months to say the least. Just ordered the TF-100 with Speedstir as I noticed was highly recommended right away. I've got a lot of learning to do and look forward to all of the expertise you guys/gals have to offer.
    First order of business...How my signature? Need anymore detail?
    Jerry - NY - 20K gal, Vinyl, 3/4 HP Waterway Champion 56 Frame pump 1 spd, unknown sand filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Hayward Heater Model __, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First timer in more ways than one

Welcome aboard Jerry!

Signature looks pretty good. It's helpful to list your test kit in there so experts know you're testing with a great kit and can trust your results that you post! If you have a cleaner or water features, those can be helpful to have in there as well. The make/model of your filter is nice too.

If you have any questions about your pool equipment, feel free to ask and check out articles in Pool School such as Pool School - Visual Encyclopedia of Pool Equipment if you need help identifying things. Can be a lot to take in at first.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Great start! Welcome.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP You already ahead of the game.
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP Jerry!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter