New Pool Owner, in market for robot... help?

May 3, 2016
Cleveland, Ohio
Just bought a house with a pool - hasn't even been opened yet, but I figure I should grab a robot cleaner now before it is professionally opened next week.

Growing up we had a 50K gallon IG pool and the countless hours of vacuuming by hand still give me nightmares, so I definitely want automation.

I thought signing up here would give me a quick and easy solution of what I need, but having spent a few hours now reading other threads and links, I am even more clueless what to get than before I started!

Looking for some guidance....

Current pool:
-Liner
-I assume Chlorine
-I estimate 25,000 gallons
-Kidney shape, believe max depth is 6 feet per the seller

That is about all I know until I have it opened.

I was planning on just getting this from Amazon (I do almost all shopping on Amazon anyway) - Dolphin Nautilus:
Amazon.com : Dolphin 99996323 Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Swivel Cable, 60-Feet : Swimming Pool Robotic Cleaners : Patio, Lawn Garden

Either that one for 582 or the "Plus" version for 695 seemed reasonable and carry a 4.5 rating on 100+ reviews...

But other forum talks of Dolphin of M4 or M5... which I cannot find (is that same as Z5?), and to complicate apparently these manufactures have multiple labels??? Ugh...

I see another thread touting the "Dolphin Premier" which sounds great according the website... but no price given and I have to enter all this personal info to find a dealer! Is that the same as M5? How much will this cost?

Advice is greatly appreciated!

One caveat. Maytronics is very rigid with their warranty and they have a big disclaimer on their boxes that Internet purchases will not be honored for warranty service. Some people report success with warranty service for their online purchase, but if that's a concern for you then you may want to reconsider an online purchase. I got my local dealer to drop very close (within $25) to the best online price I could find. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Also, one good thing we did when we bought our house with pool is get a whole house warranty that covers the pool equipment. We never pay more than $100 for a service call on the heater or pump.

Maytronics is very rigid with their warranty and they have a big disclaimer on their boxes that Internet purchases will not be honored for warranty service.

That is only for some of their cleaners. Maytronics has different cleaner lines - some are meant for online sales and you will have no issue with warranty services, and others are for brick-and-mortar sales only. Just need to check with the dealer/seller to verify first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.