New pool, first time pool owner

May 3, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
Hi,
I am Manfred from Delray Beach, FL. I had a new pool installed that finished construction in September of 2015. I have been learning about pool equipment and pool chemistry like drinking from a water hose, as the pool builder was not much of help, never got the promised pool school from them. However, thanks to the Internet and forums like this, I consider myself much more advanced now. I do like my Hayward Omnilogic system, as I can check on my pool and control it from anywhere.
The pool has a salt system, so I can control the chlorine level also from my iPhone.
I am doing all the water testing myself now, also compare what results the pool stores come up with. We have Leslie's and Pinch a Penny nearby.
i am eager to learn about the best test kits around, as I am currently can only measure chlorine, pH and TA. For CYA and CH I currently rely on the pool store but want to do it myself in the future.

Yea, pool store results are notoriously inaccurate - even the same sample to the same store can have varying results :(

I would be kinda glad the builder never gave you a pool school - now you don't have to unlearn inaccuate information. The science behind TFP is proven and really is easy to understand once you wrap your head around it.

Anyway, welcome to TFP!