Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Landscape lights on easytouch

1. Back To Top    #1

Landscape lights on easytouch

Does anyone have a good write up/pictures of how to add landscape lights through a transformer on the easytouch? Thanks

34x18' 18,000 gal in ground pebble, Pentair 3H VS pump, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE filter, IC40 SWG, Easytouch 8 w/ screenlogic 2.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Landscape lights on easytouch

I sent you a PM..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you sir. I've sent an email back to you. I'm looking for a good picture or diagram on the wiring.

34x18' 18,000 gal in ground pebble, Pentair 3H VS pump, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE filter, IC40 SWG, Easytouch 8 w/ screenlogic 2.

4. Back To Top    #4

Airboy,

I'm at work right now, but I'll get back with you tonight..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd like the same information as we'll be doing our own.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

6. Back To Top    #6

Same here, if you wouldn't mind showing it?

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

An Aux circuit will need to be used. Wire a 15A breaker to the line side of the relay, wire a low voltage transformer (Intermatic PX300) to the load side of the relay. The neutral and ground will run from the neutral and ground bars to the neutral and ground wires on the line side of the transformer. Low voltage landscape wire will hook to the low voltage side of the transformer.

Set the Aux circuit up and assign it.

Menu> Circuit names> Select Aux ## (the one you hooked the wiring to)> Set name - Yard Lights or Malibu lights> Exit
    Menu> Circuit Functions> Yard lights/ Malibu Lights> Assign to Lights> Exit

When you push Aux ## (the one the lights are assigned to), the lights will come on. Additionally, you can set the lights to a schedule so they turn on and off on the days/times of your choosing or even better, wire in a photocell so you never have to adjust the on time throughout the year.

-Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

8. Back To Top    #8

how big is the px300? can it fit inside the easytouch case? where do you get a photocell?

9. Back To Top    #9

You can also setup a weather proof outlet box on the exterior of your easytouch panel or right next to it on a wall. Then wire the outlet to be energized by an aux relay. Then just buy any landscape light transformer and plug it in. Most transformers that I found came prewired with a standard 3 prong cord.

If you look up the threads started by me, I have list of the items I used for my landscape lighting project.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir