Looks like algae on vinyl liner but will not brush off!

What is a sequestering agent? I am going to get the ascorbic acid to treat the stain and it calls for this agent to help remove it from the water. Is this the same product as Bio Guard Pool Magnet Plus? My water chemistry is about right for me to start this process. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

The sales person from the pool store wants me to purchase another product called Sparkle Up to run through my filter after the Pool Magnet has been applied. I didn't read this in MBar's treatment plan. Would that item be necessary?

Thank you soo much everyone for the info. I have had the same stubborn stain for a year now. I went to the local pool company looking for comfirmation and input regarding what I have read here. It seems I educated them a little just passing on what I have read. They were not sure what to offer but suggested a product called "Stain Free". I read the info on their web site and they are suggesting they are an alternative to ascorbic acid and use citric acid to remove the stains. Hmmmm, what else contains citric acid? Ah yes, oranges. I cut an orange in half and rubbed it on the liner. Guess what? Most of the stain was removed. I used a little of liner cleaner to remove a bit of organic stain remaining and that was it. Pool store was offering a $50.00 product. I bought a $5.00 bag of oranges instead. Thank you everyone again for the resources to come to this point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.