Problem with Aquatrol RJ after lightening strkie

lbrn

May 3, 2015
Thomasville, NC
Hi, Right at the end of last season we had a lightening strike on our property that caused some kind of problem with our SWG. We had only used it one summer and it was only days till the end of the season so we just closed the pool. Now, when we plug up the generator, Hayward Aquatrol RJ, the display is blank, no lights come on anywhere, but something is running because you can feel it. It vibrates a little. I called our local pool store and they said they could look at. Today we took it to the "Pool Store" and they told us the same thing that we saw, so they are as ignorant as we are. Should we just buy a new one or what? I do not have any faith in the local pool people. They would rather sell us a new system (1,400), and btw, we did not buy our SWG from them. We bought it on-line for 450 bucks.
Our pool cover was ripped up by strong winds this winter so we have a mess to clean up before we need the SWG. Any advice would be handy about how to trouble-shoot this SWG or just buy another one.
Thanks,
LB

The only thing I can suggest is start measuring the incoming voltage at the transformer and if you get the proper voltage out of it. Inspect the circuit boards for damage such as burnt components.

If you do need to replace the unit, keep the cell as it should still be good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.