Adjusting straps on Solar cover

brmommy

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2013
Southeast Ohio
I have a whirlwind solar cover reel. It is 27' wide so there is a little bit of sag in the middle. I just purchased a new solar cover this year and bought a little heavier strapping material. How is the best way to adjust the length of the straps so that it rolls up well? So do I want it to start rolling on the lower sagging part first and keep it raising straight across and be starting to roll in the center before it reaches the higher outer part of the reel? Or should I try to have all the straps the same length which would make it roll up on the outside edges before it starts rolling in the center? I'm kind of thinking I want the cover to be even above the water which would mean starting to roll up in the sagging part first.

The water is only 66 degrees at the moment and I don't want to have to adjust the straps by getting in. I'd rather try to adjust them before I set the whole thing back onto the pool. Hopefully I'm explaining this well enough that someone knows what I'm trying to say. :D Opinions or thoughts????

My husband just attached our solar cover to a reel yesterday. All the straps are adjusted the same length so it rolls up evenly.

We put the cover in the water, cut to size (we have irregular shaped pool so straps couldn't go on end) , then pulled it back out and attached straps. Our pool is only 15 feet wide so there is no sagging, maybe someone else will have some advice there....

Not sure if that answers all your questions but hope it helped some!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.