Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello, I'm Guy.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello, I'm Guy.

We live in San Diego County. We are currently remodeling our irregular shape 15k gallon pool. After trying to save up enough money to re-plaster and new equipment. I tried getting bids from Full service pool contractors. They all were way out of our price range. So I am under taking the task as a project manager. I have learned so much from your site so iI decided to join in and seek your expert advice. Thanks for the opportunity.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello, I'm Guy.

Hello Guy and welcome to TFP! We hope your plaster project goes well. Keep us posted.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome, Guy!

Do yourself a favor and be ready to protect that investment. Buy a proper test kit so it's waiting the day the pool is filled. You're the Project Manager, so startup is your problem. Do it right the first time.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

SWEET! I am so glad to see this as I LOVE a redo!

How about starting a thread in "under const." and share a picture of your current pool and tell us what you hope to do!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome aboard Guy!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    After removing the plaster from my pool I found this Crack is the side wall.(Sorry posted it sideways) My plan is to saw above the re-bar and to either side, then hammer chisel the rest of the way leaving the rebar in place. The crack is inline with a main drain and suction line replacement (upgrading to 3 inch) with 2 drains to avoid entrapment s. I had read in a similar post how Anchoring concrete was recommended, so I was planning on using it as a patch. Sound correct? Any and all help is appreciated..

i
    Attachment 47550
    15k gallon irregular shape Pool with an attached 8 foot diameter SPA 16 jet. 160340 Cartridge Pool Filter, 320 Square Feet.460736
    Pool Heater, NG 40K 601002 IntelliBrite 5G Color LED Pool Lightx2
    520555 IntelliChlor IC40 Salt 520556 IntelliChlor Power Center.011513 EF Single Pump1Hp,
    521221 IntelliTouch i9+3.011519 EF Single Speed Up Rated Pump2hp,x2

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter