Pool Light Niche Conduit Break/leak

Tredge

Jun 19, 2007
Milton Wisconsin
Major leak happened here. During construction the conduit that attaches the niche became separated from the light niche.
Too late to access it so a patch is needed.

Any advice other than just slather on the pool putty?

kBzrN0Hm.jpg

UVSpVfKm.jpg

Full size images here:
http://imgur.com/a/wo928

There are different epoxy's that are available. AB putty is one that comes to mind. Some forum members know of others if they reply to this post in time. That must be frustrating. I hope you get it resolved quickly. Not the way you wanted to start I'm sure.

after looking at the larger pictures, you need to have that niche replaced. not sure if that is plastic or metal. If it is metal, the edge of that housing will eventually cut that cable. If there is any ground movement at all near it, you will constantly be trying to repair that leak. If this is a new build, I would be seeking remedy from the builder.

Replacing the niche doesn't appear to be an option. At least not without tearing up new concrete which is unthinkable with how nice everything turned out.

The niche is metal.
Pool is concrete with fiberglass walls.

This was a remodel and the light never leaked before. This happened during that process.

I think I will try and get the conduit back to center as best I can, then putty. I bought something called pool putty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.