Opening pool test

I did the normal ph and chlorine test just to see where i was and the ph was yellow and no where close to any of the colors on my tester. K-1000. I'm assuming that is really low and i need to increase my ph. Am i wrong? Thanks!
You're right. What is the TA, by chance? If it's below 50, raise it to at least 50 before you start messing with the pH. And even before that, did you let the water circulate a while before grabbing a sample? If there's a layer of rain or snowmelt on top, it'll read way off.

No, I did not wait for it to circulate and there's some rain water that was on top. I did test about 6 inches below if that makes any difference. Thanks for the quick response.
Let it mix. You can speed it along by brushing. One lap around the perimeter ought to set up enough cross-currents to get it all mixed. Then retest. I'll bet things look better after.

You all are good teachers. I brushed it before i started, but i also hooked up diver dave(wanted him to clean up the debris from brushing), ive since unhooked and am gonna let the water mix over night. I'll re-test in the morning and share results. Thanks again!

Your TA is zero and your pH has bottomed out, likely lower than 5.

Add enough baking soda to increase your TA about 50-80 ppm and let that mix for an hour or two. Once you get a TA reading retest your pH and adjust from there.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.