Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cement deck stained & cracked.

1. Back To Top    #1

Cement deck stained & cracked.

We have a large cement deck around our pool 25x32 and we never sealed it years back. (We didn't know we needed to) and we have stains from oils and such that I can't get out with pressure washing or muriatic acid. So since we have a few cracks i though we would repair and paint something on it...But I'm scared to put a product on that big of an area that might chip or peel. Anyone recommend something tried and true you think is the best stuff for concrete?
    Thank you!!
    26k gal, city water, vinyl, IG, Hayward pump, sand filter, built 2003, 16X32 3ft to 8ft. Propane heat

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cement deck stained & cracked.

There are many products designed to be sprayed over concrete (like Kool Deck), although it does not fix cracks.

I have a few cracks and before we had the deck resprayed they "fixed" the cracks. Well, they are back right through the textured coating again

I am also not sure how it would do in your climate if you get a lot of freeze cycles.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cement deck stained & cracked.

We don't get much freezing but we get lots of rain all winter.