Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone know where I can buy the foam skimmer weir inserts?

1. Back To Top    #1

Berks County, PA

Anyone know where I can buy the foam skimmer weir inserts?

I have a Hayward SP-1082K skimmer weir which I just bought the other year. The foam insert got pretty fouled up during last swimming season with pink slime, etc. It seems that the inserts are next to impossible to find without also having to buy the door. I checked in a local arts and crafts store but their foam and styrofoam is of the wrong size and also it is that stiff, crumbly material and so probably would not hold up long. The material the skimmer weir insert is made of is much more flexible.

I did come across one or two places on the net that sell the foam, but it costs just as much as buying another door, which I really don't need. Let me know if anyone here knows where I might get the correct type of foam.

12,000 gal. Anthony IG pool; 3 ft. shallow end to 6 ft. deep end; Built 1989; Renovated July 2014 using a 10-part unexposed quartz plaster aggregate of 3 S-grade Blue, 3 S-grade Gray, 2 T-grade Blue, 2 T-grade Gray; Apollo VA-52 DE Filter; Hayward SP-2607X10 Super Pump 1-HP Single Speed; Jandy AE-Ti Heat Pump; Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pacific NW

Re: Anyone know where I can buy the foam skimmer weir inserts?

Ever ordered omaha steaks? The cooler they deliver on might work if you trimmed a piece out of it.

one thought outside the box...
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Jandy Lite2 LJ250N gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Anyone know where I can buy the foam skimmer weir inserts?

I used a piece of my foam that was used under my pool 3/4 inch thick and cut to size, with a 4x8 sheet at 15 dollars you could make hundreds of them

Shop STYROFOAM R5 Faced Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation (Common: 0.75-in x 4-ft x 8-ft; Actual: 0.687-in x 3.937-ft x 7.875-ft) at
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **