Looks like ocean water, but I'm not at the beach...

Woke up yesterday morning to lightning and torrential rain! Plus I had to go on a field trip with my daughter. So, the pool didn't get checked until we got home yesterday evening. I know it was low, but considering nothing had been done since 9 the night before I was pleased. The FC was 4.5 and CC was 0. I added bleach (a bit to much, oops) to get the numbers back up.

9:00 pm on Wednesday
FC - 15.5
CC - 0.5

8:00 am on Thursday
FC - 15
CC - 0.5

I'm going to keep the numbers up today and see how we do overnight. I'm hoping this is the end of the SLAM! The pool looks awesome! I vacuumed it last night, and was able to see the main drain in the deep end! This morning it is even more clear! I'm so excited! If the temp stays up we just might get to swim by the end of the weekend! I'll get a new picture this evening!

Woke up yesterday morning to lightning and torrential rain! Plus I had to go on a field trip with my daughter. So, the pool didn't get checked until we got home yesterday evening. I know it was low, but considering nothing had been done since 9 the night before I was pleased. The FC was 4.5 and CC was 0. I added bleach (a bit to much, oops) to get the numbers back up.

9:00 pm on Wednesday
FC - 15.5
CC - 0.5

8:00 am on Thursday
FC - 15
CC - 0.5

I'm going to keep the numbers up today and see how we do overnight. I'm hoping this is the end of the SLAM! The pool looks awesome! I vacuumed it last night, and was able to see the main drain in the deep end! This morning it is even more clear! I'm so excited! If the temp stays up we just might get to swim by the end of the weekend! I'll get a new picture this evening!
If all that's left is some cloudiness, a little DE or cellulose added to the filter might finish things off for you. On a microscopic scale it's like setting a window screen on top of chicken wire. You only need a little bit, so see if you can't beg a couple cups from a neighbor. Or keep an eye out for a pool service truck in the neighborhood and trade the guy a can of beer for a can of DE.

If all that's left is some cloudiness, a little DE or cellulose added to the filter might finish things off for you. On a microscopic scale it's like setting a window screen on top of chicken wire. You only need a little bit, so see if you can't beg a couple cups from a neighbor. Or keep an eye out for a pool service truck in the neighborhood and trade the guy a can of beer for a can of DE.

Shoot, I wish it were that easy! We live in the country, and none of our "neighbors" have pools. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and buy some from the pool store. Does it go bad?

Pool grade DE will last forever. As Richard mentioned in another thread, the bag it comes in will probably go bad before the DE does. It's essentially glass ground up into an extremely fine powder (silica). I bought a 20 pound bag 3 years ago and I have used about 1/2 a pound.

Hi everyone! End of the school year kinda made checking in hectic for me! But I'm please to tell you our pool looks awesome! Numbers are all fantastic as well, I will post the new stats as soon as I can this evening. But here are a few pictures until then! I cannot thank you enough for all the help and info!

No worries, hubby was in the pool just out of the picture when I took the last one ;-)

I'm glad you have found our information helpful and have saved money over the pool store and their sales, please consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donation are what keep the electrons flowing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.