Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inexpensive LED Options

1. Back To Top    #1

Inexpensive LED Options

My pool has 3 lights (two in main pool, 1 in Spa) and the lights burnt out. Now that we're back in the pool, I'm going to open it up and verify the type of bulb. I'd like to install one of the Color LEDs, but they look to be a fortune. I assume that it's the electronics and multiple color LEDs. Can anyone recommend a simple brand (single color would be fine) of pool LEDs that might not cost a fortune since I need 3 bulbs?

Light Show is below SWCG on my list of upgrades.
    Pool, 11000 Gallon Gunite Pool, shallow ( < 5' deep ) including spa. Hayward 1750 Cartridge Filter. Pump is a single speed 2 HP Hayward Northstar. Polaris Caretaker 5 Zone Floor System. Pool ~ 8 years old. TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Inexpensive LED Options

switching to LED while cheap for running them is not cheap to buy them I would also upgrade to a SWG before LED lights because of cost.. I have not seen cheap UL listed LED lights that are safe... this is probably the cheapest white LED out there, sometimes you can find them cheaper on sale..

Amazon.com : Pentair 601100 IntelliBrite 5G White Underwater LED Pool Light, 120 Volt, 30 Foot Cord, 300 Watt Equivalent : Swimming Pool Lighting Products : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Inexpensive LED Options

Thanks for the feedback. I'll plan on $120 or so to replace the bulbs with regular bulbs for now, and keep saving for the SWG. I can switch to LEDs in 1-2 years, since it'll be a $1200 upgrade.

I had planned to do it when initial bulbs died (pool company wanted thousands to do LEDs from day one). But now I want SWG, it was too new and untested for my tastes when I started my pool. Thanks!
    Pool, 11000 Gallon Gunite Pool, shallow ( < 5' deep ) including spa. Hayward 1750 Cartridge Filter. Pump is a single speed 2 HP Hayward Northstar. Polaris Caretaker 5 Zone Floor System. Pool ~ 8 years old. TF-100 Test Kit.