Pentail Easy Touch - scrambled display, but still working.

Hi Everyone,

I have a Pentair EasyTouch 8 that is currently fully functional - but the display on the outdoor panel is, well, scrambled. I have the feeling it is trying to tell me something, and information is scrolling across the display - I just can't make sense of it. We've had a couple of recent power interruptions and I have no idea if this has created the issue or not. I'm wondering if getting this resolved is as easy as some kind of reset on the system, or if there is a hardware failure in some portion of the controller? I have reset the breaker to the pool controller to see if a "reboot" would clear the issue, but it didn't. I've attached a quick pic of what the display looks like - and can post a video that shows all the info that scrolls across if it's of any additional help.

Everything is functional, both from this board, and from the remote application. It's just the screen that no longer seems to function. Any help or suggestions are appreciated...

Attachments

• IMG_3472.JPG
    IMG_3472.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 38
Turn off the power to the controller, open the face panel (at the equipment). Locate the buss that your indoor control panel connects to the main board (should be labeled on the board as COM-PORT) and disconnect it. Close the panel back up (for now). Turn the power back on, hit menu: /settings/Erase EEPROM. Hit the right arrow button. Scroll to "yes" hit the right arrow, scroll to yes again, hit the right arrow. The system should now reset and return to the main display (hopefully legible). At this point, turn the power back off, open the panel and plug the indoor panel back in. Power back up, and within a moment, you should get a display that says unit mismatch, download from outdoor? IMPORTANT! SCROLL to "upload to outdoor?" select MENU. It will take about 40 seconds to get the normal display. Meanwhile, your indoor panel will say sync for several min. be patient, it should return to a normal display in a couple of min. Amount of time in sync depends on how large your build is. Settings, labels, features, programs, etc.

If this doesn't work, you can try it again, only this time keep the indoor panel plugged in. Only if you do, you will be erasing all settings, labels, programming, features, EVERYTHING! You will have to rebuild the system like you did when you first got the unit up and running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.