Help w/New Pool Start-Up

Hi!

We had our pool resurfaced! We also had a new skimmer installed and a new code-compliant drain cover installed. The new surface is the PebbleSheen Aqua Blue and it looks great with the new tile markers on the steps/ledges. The pool finished filling early this morning.

I've read the Start-Up guide in the Pool School, and also inquired our pool builder as to their recommendations. The builder basically said to hire a pool service, and didn't offer anything beyond that. I followed up with asking what we should NOT do so we don't void the warranty--still waiting on that answer. So we're at a loss of where to even start with no help from our builder…..please help! And am I understanding it right that we should not use our automatic sweeper for the next few weeks? Thanks for your help!

correct no cleaner for at least 3 weeks I would go 4. Your mediate concerns should be get the filter running and find out if they added a sequestrant if not see if they are going to provide it if not go to the pool store and get some. Brush at least once a day I would do it twice Don't add any chlorine for at least a few days. I am sure others will chime in soon.

Pool Builders generally use NPC's guidelines for warranty and startup. But hopefully you'll hear back from him soon.

Those can be found here:
https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.npconline.org/resource/resmgr/Docs/startup-card-current-rev3_wa.pdf

They make it look little more complicated than it is. All it is for the first 30 days you should brush 2x daily, not use any vacuums or anything that could scratch the surface, and not add any salt. Run the filter continously for 3 days and obviously keep the chemicals balanced. I was also told dog nails will scratch new plaster easily.

I just did a pebblesheen as well and the start up the PB provided was effectively the same as what pingguy linked too. That being said, the NPC, tech that visited us and gave us the startup info and what was sent by the company and what is here no tfp are all a little different. I wish at least PebbleTec and all of their installers/techs would be delivering the same message.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.