Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help w/New Pool Start-Up

1. Back To Top    #1

Help w/New Pool Start-Up

Hi!

We had our pool resurfaced! We also had a new skimmer installed and a new code-compliant drain cover installed. The new surface is the PebbleSheen Aqua Blue and it looks great with the new tile markers on the steps/ledges. The pool finished filling early this morning.

I've read the Start-Up guide in the Pool School, and also inquired our pool builder as to their recommendations. The builder basically said to hire a pool service, and didn't offer anything beyond that. I followed up with asking what we should NOT do so we don't void the warranty--still waiting on that answer. So we're at a loss of where to even start with no help from our builder…..please help! And am I understanding it right that we should not use our automatic sweeper for the next few weeks? Thanks for your help!
    13,500 gallon pool, inground, plaster PebbleSheen installed 04/30/2016. Pentair 4 x 160 Intelliflow pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 240 filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Help w/New Pool Start-Up

correct no cleaner for at least 3 weeks I would go 4. Your mediate concerns should be get the filter running and find out if they added a sequestrant if not see if they are going to provide it if not go to the pool store and get some. Brush at least once a day I would do it twice Don't add any chlorine for at least a few days. I am sure others will chime in soon.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool Builders generally use NPC's guidelines for warranty and startup. But hopefully you'll hear back from him soon.

Those can be found here:
    https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.npconl...nt-rev3_wa.pdf

They make it look little more complicated than it is. All it is for the first 30 days you should brush 2x daily, not use any vacuums or anything that could scratch the surface, and not add any salt. Run the filter continously for 3 days and obviously keep the chemicals balanced. I was also told dog nails will scratch new plaster easily.
    Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I just did a pebblesheen as well and the start up the PB provided was effectively the same as what pingguy linked too. That being said, the NPC, tech that visited us and gave us the startup info and what was sent by the company and what is here no tfp are all a little different. I wish at least PebbleTec and all of their installers/techs would be delivering the same message.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

The guide provided up above is a great help--exactly what we needed to get us started on the right track. Thanks!
    13,500 gallon pool, inground, plaster PebbleSheen installed 04/30/2016. Pentair 4 x 160 Intelliflow pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 240 filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

I think Pebbletec might have a start up guide on their website too.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach