Is there ANY auto cleaner that will work with 1200 GPH pump?

sh9730

Apr 17, 2016
Casa Grande, AZ
So in an attempt to avoid lesson #3 (see other posts) - I am posting this new thread. We will finally have this pool ready for swimming tomorrow. Now I am starting into the ongoing phases - chemistry and maintenance.

HOWEVER, this is our first pool, and a large point of it was to "test the waters" and see how we like it before spending a lot of money.

So, our pool 18x9x52 came with a 1200 GPH Sand Filter/Pump (SF90110T model). I know there are plenty of folks here who will say the pump is inadequate - but many others say it works ok (if not optimal). Given my sentence above (about this being a "test"), I am hesitant to go spend another $200.00 on a pump right away if this one gets the job done at a basic level. If we end up liking this pool life - I have no problem upgrading if it will make my life easier.

BUT, in the meantime there will be maintenance! After our Leslie's fiasco, and then Mickelin's suggestion that the less expensive Intex auto-cleaner may be fine for us initially - I started researching between that and the Aqua-bug.

But I am finding that a lot of folks mention that NEITHER of these will work with a 1200 GPH pump. Am I resigned to hand vacuuming until I upgrade? Or will either of these work at 1200 GPH - just not as well? Is there another model out there that is better suited for the 1200 GPH?

Thanks as always!

It depends on the brand and type, if you want to keep on a smaller budget until you decide if you like the pool life, you could always look at the internet auction sites or local listings ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.