Which finish to choose?

Oct 13, 2015
Tampa, Fl
We are currently shopping around to have our pool resurfaced. Its approx 30 years old and was never done by the previous owners. I've had multiple vendors come out and it comes down to 3 options and each one has great things to say about what they do, and bad things to say about everyone else. The premium options come down to Wet Edge, Pebble sheen, and mini pebble. We were mostly set on the last option due to budget constraints and then after delaying moving forward the quote went up after expiration. We went ahead and started calling for some more quotes and now the Pebble sheen guys come in and say anything else will start having problems in a few years. Since everyone is going to sell up their own product/work, its hard to figure out who to believe. The last vendor essentially said anything that isn't pebble tec is just a knock off of it and not that good. Curious if anyone has any bad experiences with anything not pebble tec or wet edge.

Thanks!

I think they are all pretty much the same products and the final product's integrity is vastly influenced by the skill and knowledge of the crew doing the install.

PebbleTec is VERY picky about who they allow sell and install their product (special training, etc), so you should be able to expect a good install. But, that is not to say the the crews that install the other products are bad, in fact, they could be the same people ;)

FYI, since very few companies can install the PebbleTec, many companies have to subcontract out the work. As such, if you look up who the approved installers are in your area (see their website), you might get a better price going directly to the installing company (which is what I did).

Thanks for the info. I looked up the list for our area and the company we got the quote from wasn't on there so that helps to explain the much higher costs. I would go direct if we weren't having more work done on top of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.