Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM question

1. Back To Top    #1

SLAM question

I did the SLAM method two days ago. I have a CYA of around 70 so I brought the FC up to 28 as of yesterday morning.

The CC went from 1.0 to 0.0. However, the FC dropped from 28 to 16.5 in 24 hours. Is this normal or should I raise the FC back to 28 and wait for an overnight FC loss of 1.0 or less?
    10,000 gallon, inground, pebblesheen, sand filter, TF-100 testing kit, Pentair Rebel

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SLAM question

You definitely need to continue maintaining that required SLAM FC until you are absolutely sure you have passed all 3 SLAM criteria - the OCLT being one of those. Sometimes one of the criteria will improve quickly, but don't be fooled. You have to pass all 3 listed on the SLAM page. Then you can let the FC comes back down.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: SLAM question

The more you keep your FC above 28 the faster it will go I would test and add at least 3 times per day and if possible 6 times, you can take your FC to 30 and that will help
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **