Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fair price to pay for Pentair Intellibrite 5G color LEG light?

1. Back To Top    #1

Fair price to pay for Pentair Intellibrite 5G color LEG light?

What is a fair price to pay for the Pentair Intellibrite 5G color LED light?
    It is a $1,600 option (installed) on our pool (without the remote or $200 extra with remote) Is this a fair price? Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fair price to pay for Pentair Intellibrite 5G color LEG light?

are they installing another type of light otherwise or no light at all?

Pentair Intellibrite 5G WHITE Pool Light for Inground Pools | 120V LED 500W 100 Cord | 601302

3. Back To Top    #3

That (or white light) was the only option given or no light.

4. Back To Top    #4

I paid an additional $1k but that included the remote control as well. I did not install the remote control because I got a Easy Touch and connected it to that. My builder let me repurpose the roughly $200 used for the remote control.

If the pool comes with a standard white like by default, there should not be much difference in install, if any at all.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

Must be a very special version of the Intellibrite. Tell your PB you can pick one up for less than half that pretty easily. You might come out ahead by telling the PB to go with a regular light, buying the color LED on your own, and then slipping the color LED light to the electrician along with a few dollars at time of install.
    Owner Build. 32x16, with 6x8 raised spa. Broke ground April 1, 2016, swimming July 18. Pentair Intelliflo VS + Whisperflo for Water features; Clean & Clear Filter 420; Master Temp Heater 400k BTU; Intellibrite 120V pool and spa lights; Regular ol' plaster.

6. Back To Top    #6

I just checked a couple online vendors, and its a bit over $500 for the pool light, and just under $400 for the spa light, wondering too if its worth it to have PB do it, a buddy said its pretty easy to just pull it out and replace on your own, but I'm a bit skeptical of just how "plug n play" it really is. . .
    Carlsbad, CA
    17,500 gal rectangular Midnight blue Quartzscape, Pentair Intelliflo, Poolstore Vergnugen, Aquarite Salinator renovated 2016 Spring

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Crickets View Post
    That (or white light) was the only option given or no light.
    its absolutely no extra effort for the PB to put in the LED vs standard light, my instinct is that you are getting fleeced by the PB.

its standard practice from them. "oh this $500 light will cost you and extra $1200 to install" never mind that the original light cost $200. same cables, same conduit.