which site do you recommend to buy motor for pump?

so my motor is 2 speeds and the high speed is not working (sparkling) and I got a quote from Leslie for a single speed motor is $350 and they don't have 2 speed in stock. My currrent motor specs are 2.5 HP, SF 1.10, Frame 56Y, Volt 230, RPM 3450/1725. I think I want 2 speed but so far searching the web got a few hits but not sure if they are reliable. Just want to see TFP fellow would recommend before proceed bying the motor.
Is there any issue if I go with single speed? The 2 speed for my specs are hard to find. I am thinking of getting one here:
CENTURY B2840 Pool Pump Motor, 2-1/2 HP, 3450 RPM, 230VAC - Walmart.com
is this ok? TIA.
My current motor:

View attachment 47390

Can I downgrade the HP to 2 as there are more of these than 2.5hp? if so, do I need specific specs to make sure it is compatible? I saw this one:

A.O. Smith 2 HP Dual Spd. Motor - Full Rate (B984, B2984) - INYOPools.com

the only issue I see is that it's a little bit longer than my original one which sits pretty tight against the wall already, I am not sure if I have a couple inches to spare.

For electrical economy you want a 2 speed, it will pay for itself within a year or two at most if your pool is typical for our climate. As to down sizing the motor, you would also have to down size the impeller for the pump. The short answer is you can upsize the motor with no penalty, it will just have power to spare it will not consume more power or pump more water as the impeller is what controls how much work the pump does, not the motor. Changing out to a smaller motor without changing the impeller will likely result in a burned out motor. As to where to buy I usually find motor deals on ebay, but this may require some active shopping and looking up more than one model that fits, so check the cross models for AO Smith, Emererson, etc.

For electrical economy you want a 2 speed, it will pay for itself within a year or two at most if your pool is typical for our climate. As to down sizing the motor, you would also have to down size the impeller for the pump. The short answer is you can upsize the motor with no penalty, it will just have power to spare it will not consume more power or pump more water as the impeller is what controls how much work the pump does, not the motor. Changing out to a smaller motor without changing the impeller will likely result in a burned out motor. As to where to buy I usually find motor deals on ebay, but this may require some active shopping and looking up more than one model that fits, so check the cross models for AO Smith, Emererson, etc.

Ok, so if I downsize from 2.5 to 2.0 HP, I just need the correct impeller specify the the pump manual, e.g. This is what I would need to replace.
SPX3220C Hayward Tri Star Impeller 2 Hp w/ Impeller Screw

I have the cross ref between Emerson and A.O but not sure how to read it. I'm still trying to figure out what it all means.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.