48 hours in SLAM- on track ?

cfclay

Apr 24, 2010
Lexington,Ky
478531d6624e139e84ff8a99d51424e3.jpg

I'm 48 hours in and looking pretty good with only 1 ppm loss of chlorine overnight.
This morning:
FC: 15
pH: 7.4
TA: 100
CYA: 40

There are a lot of particles in the water I'm measuring. I added 1 cup of cellulose fiber thinking that might catch some of that. [emoji51]

Visibility is about 18-20" down. I've brushed and vacuumed as long as I could see black stuff come up (since I can't see down there.)

Am I on the brink of a breakthrough? It seems like this same Aqua green color has been same for 18 hours.

You're 90% through! :goodjob:

Unfortunately, like so many things in life, the first 90% takes only 10% of the time, and the last 10% takes 90%. Someone can frame a house in a day, but it takes weeks to finish, right?

Okay, maybe 90% is a little extreme. But you are making rapid progress and you obviously understand what's going on. The fiber in the filter should really help speed things along. Do whatever you can to improve circulation down low where the stuff settles. Point a return down, or set the vacuum head on the floor but turned sideways so it acts as a drain. You want to strain out all that particulate matter, so you have to keep it in circulation so the filter can grab it.

You are definitely on the right track! Keep it up and don't slow down. Make sure to keep your FC at 16 based on your CYA. But your low TA concerns me. You might want to add some baking soda just to get it up to about 50 or so. A TA of 10 is quite low....assuming the test was performed correctly.

Thanks Richard! One of the things that can really screw up ones efforts is misreading CYA. Is there somewhere on here some good illustration on what it means to understand "can no longer see black dot" in that test. I started with zero CYA and used a very measured and stingy process with some dichlor to raise it.

Still slamming over in Little Rock with about a 3-4 point lose in chlorine overnight. Full day 5 with

FC: 16
TA: 100
PH: 7.5
CYA: 40

I can see the pool lines now!

Just keep on doing what I'm doing?

Seems longer than I hoped for.

50d2097fdac59d7bed98743ac2bb2da9.jpg
b25e2334d8476011c9985ff32f59ad19.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.