Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which one of you has the noisey kids?

1. Back To Top    #1

Which one of you has the noisey kids?

I thought this was funny.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070621/ap_ ... 6HsM0E1vAI

Good thing they have not heard my son!
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2

backyard noise

Hi LovingHDTV
    some people just dont get it. I am 57 and I have a daughter that just turned three. whin she swims ( every day) she sounds like 15 kids in the pool. she is having a great time and never is quiet. I love to here her happy and she can make as much noise as she wants to. for all the people that think kids shouldnt be noisy whin there happy shame on you. I love to here the kids making happy noise and it is the most pleasant part of my swimming pool.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

3. Back To Top    #3
    There was a segment on Fox news about this last night.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

4. Back To Top    #4
    Ok, count me as one of those mean parents... I cannot stand to hear squealing children (by this I do not mean laughing and giggling, I mean screaming and shrieking), for this simple reason: Can you distinguish between a child shrieking with joy or one shrieking with terror?? I wouldn't want to take the chance ... sort of like crying wolf: the one time I did not check it out, it would be something bad...
    You can laugh and make as much noise as you want, but nothing that sounds like shrieking... that should be reserved for 'danger'.

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5
    The Mermaid Queen I have to agree with you on this. When our kids were little, screams made your heart sink. We always told them play without the blood curdling scream.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

6. Back To Top    #6

Kids the shriek and scream for no reason tend to get on my nerves. I agree with Mermaid queen on the shreiking

My 2 sons play in the pool and laugh and play and have fun... One of them screams/shrieks over every little thing that doesnt go his way, and it annoys the heck out of me because there is no reason for a kid to do this. THey have to learn to mind and just because a splash of water hits them they dont have to cry/scream/shreik. He is however getting alot better about this. But I will not cater to any kid that shrieks and screams bloody murder over nothing.

As I was once told "throwing a fit doesnt get you anything" and "lifes hard, learn to accept the fact the world doesnt revolve around you"

Now however, I do not have a problem w/ them playing, yelling a little bit in fun and games.
    Andy
    15' X 4' Round AG
    BBB method and loving it!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Makes me glad we live in the country. We can make all the noise we want and the only complaints are from the dogs and cows. The cat just looks at us like he is disgusted to see us behaving like that. The massive, length of the pool, full-contact basketball games tend to get a little loud.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

8. Back To Top    #8

kids and noise

I live in the country - my closest fence is about 400 feet away from the pool - and I still won't stand for those blood curling shrieks, if someone's screaming bloody murder, there better BE blood.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind noise to a degree, but I run to see what's the matter when I hear those awful screams (because that's what responsible parents should do), once, I ran over to a neighbours (600 feet away) because I thought a kid was hurt from their trampoline - I cleared the horse fence in one bound - I was mad as "H E double hockey sticks" when I found out it was one of the kids just goofing off and his parents - 50 feet away didn't bat an eye - they got an earful and he's pretty quiet now....

9. Back To Top    #9
    Matt I can really understand - I feel the same way - What is wrong with teaching children that they don't have to do certain things? You wouldn't let an adult act that way, why should you allow a child. It is all this politically correctness There ia nothing wrong with a child's play sounds - but it is not necessary to scream and shriek Whatever happened to common courtesy?
    16x33 fiberglass pool sand filter

10. Back To Top    #10
    OH boy, you guys would not want to be my neighbors then!! Ha. Ray, our Macaw can and does sound like a shreiking child but about 100db louder I think. All the parrots get noisy twice a day (after sunrise and before sunset) so Ray doesn't yell that much, but if he sees me pull in the driveway at the end of the day he wants attention! If he thinks its me, he often yells "Mommmmmmmm! Momma, Momma, Momma!" and once our UPS man thought it was an injured child. lol. If startled he can scream like a 12yr old girl at a Freddie Krueger movie. The birds like to be out at the pool while we have fun and if they see us out there without them, they can make a ruckus!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

11. Back To Top    #11
    I can understand around a pool how a screaming kid might be a nuisance, but it doesn't bother me AT ALL if it's not my kid.

Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

12. Back To Top    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by andysutt

As I was once told "throwing a fit doesnt get you anything" and "lifes hard, learn to accept the fact the world doesnt revolve around you"
    I was told "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit"
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control

13. Back To Top    #13
    Great gif Brian, your kid? I much prefer the sullen silence of brooding teenagers....
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -

14. Back To Top    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom
    Great gif Brian, your kid? I much prefer the sullen silence of brooding teenagers....
    not my kid!!! It reminded me of work so I snagged it...
    Brian

15. Back To Top    #15
    funny!!

16. Back To Top    #16
    I can handle them being loud as long as it's not high pitched.

I also had to intervene when they decided it would be fun to play like they werre drowning.

"I'm drowning!!!" - that's just what you want the neibhbors to hear. Kids!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

17. Back To Top    #17
    Yes, it has always upset my very docile dogs when little girls visiting run around screaming like mimi's. They think it's some kind of wounded prey. jenn
    ABG, Cornelius, 12'x24', oval, 7,700 gals, 1 1/2 hp Hayward pump, sand filter. BBB. 6-4'x10' Fafco solar panels, permanently installed on wooden ground rack, GL235 auto controller.

18. Back To Top    #18

We had a rule when my kids were young. No blood curdeling screams unless someone was bleeding, on fire, or being stalked. Laughing was ok and regular kids noise, but DH slept during the day when the kids were small and the screams usually got him out of bed in a panic. Even small kids need to know that there is a place and time for everything. Once one of my daughters friends started screaming & I came flying out of the house with the first aid kit and phone. It was the last time that happened! Maybe thats part of the problem with some kids now they aren't given any rules? Kimrst
    5 years 18' Intex Frame pool, July 2009 upgrade, 28ft rnd used Doughboy, 1hs Hayward Power Flow pump, Doughboy DE filter.TF test kit

19. Back To Top    #19

I ran out front this afternoon b/c I thought my kids were doing some of those blood-curdling screams. They were fine. It was 2 little girls across the street and 3 houses away -- and we're on acre+ lots. That was cute.
    I'm w/ most of you. I have no problem w/ the kids being kids but those high-pitched screams just make my skin crawl.
    under construction (o/b): IG 34'x18' free form gunite pool w/ 9' raised spa w/ rock waterfall into pool, 18" raised bond, grotto,baja shelf, 3'-8', turbo twister slide.
    equipment: 2 hp whisperflow, 1.5 hp whisperflow, clean & clear 520 cartridge filter, 400K btu heater, easy touch 8 automation, intellchlor swcg