Pentair Automation Programming Lost After Power Surge??

As a new pool owner I was excited that my pool came with an Pentair automation system. This should make it easier for the newbie, right?
Things were going along just fine for 6 months. Then a rather large thunderstorm came through. Power was lost in the whole house.
When checking on the pool it appeared that the pump was coming on at the wrong time. Simple fix. Set it to the correct time.
Wow, that was easy. Or so I thought.

I grab my EasyTouch remote and select spa. Green light on remote. Nothing appeared to be changing. So, I go back to the equipment
to take a look. The valves did not change from Pool to Spa. The heater, MiniMax NT, did begin its start up cycle.

Not knowing if this is a power outage issue or user induced issue, how would I go about checking the programming of that button?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

First, open the box outside at the equipment and look at the small low voltage circuit breakers located in the upper right corner of the box to see if the one labeled "valves" has tripped. A tripped breaker will show a small white box, and will look like the tab has popped out about a 1/4 of an inch or so. If it has popped out, just push it back in, and try putting into spa mode again, checking again for actuator rotation.

If the breaker had not tripped...

There are small switches (toggle) on the actuators themselves. They are three position switches with the center position being off. Move the switch from where it is to the other side past the off setting to the third position. does the actuator begin to move then? If so, put the switch back to where it was and do the same for the other valve actuator remembering to return the switch back to it's original position when done. If you can rotate them manually, but not from the panel, there is something up with the automation, either a defect, or a setting.

If neither of those tests resolve the problem, you need to check to see if the valves are still assigned to the system, or rather if the system is still seeing the actuators.

In the future, I suggest you install one of these of your ET panel -

Amazon.com: Square D by Schneider Electric HEPD80 Home Electronics Protective Device: Home Improvement

They are very easy to install (requires a 2-pole, 20A circuit breaker like this - Square D by Schneider Electric HOM220CP Homeline 20 Amp Two-Pole Circuit Breaker - - Amazon.com) and it will protect the delicate electronics in the panel (as well as any pumps run from the panel) for a surge up to 80,000 Amps. The unit protects against over-voltage line fluctuations (L-N >150V or L-L >300V and the unit starts to conduct power away). For $100 and about 30-mins DIY install, it's super-cheap insurance for protecting your equipment (considering a Pentair ET panel costs ~$1,000).

Just a suggestion.

Try pressing the RESET button on the front of the Easy Touch panel.

I was always a little nervous about pressing RESET as I thought it would wipe out all the programming. Such as the water features and such.

Nothing to worry about it. I press RESET and all is back to normal.

To the other kind responders. I did check all the breakers and all was well. That is why I was sort of a loss for what happened that caused all this.

Thank you again to everyone.

The RESET button just restarts the microprocessor in the Easy Touch. It does the same thing as removing and restoring power. The programming data is held in some form of non-volatile RAM so that if power is lost you will not lose your programming data.

As Matt stated, please install a surge protector to protect your not so cheap automation system and other electronic items in your house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.