Howdy from Fort Worth

Hello from North Texas. The pool is open and has been enjoyed a couple of times already. Between the rain storms that is.

I was looking for an online resource to help me with the pool in the house we just purchased. The is my first pool so it makes me a little nervous.
I contacted a pool maintenance company and they gave me a short 101 type class. I felt a little better and then I started to research online
because the pool automation system was proving to be a bigger challenge. Which lead me here.

So, thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge of pools with others. I know I already appreciate it.

Howdy backatcha! Welcome to TFP. We're all volunteers here but we really dig our pools and like to help others do the same.

Can you please add a signature line describing your pool equipment and surface, things like that? You can find it under "Settings" up top.

Yippee :flower:

You found pretty much the greatest thing on the internet for your situation. Read all the pool school stuff, and all linked to pages that relate to the equipment and water you have. When something leaves you wondering, just start a new thread in the best fitting section and ask away! Responses come fast and are almost always detailed enough on the first answer. The search feature has actually brought me to threads with most of my questions already answered, but I've still found new ones and I have always received fast, detailed answers that a pool store employee simply can't provide because they haven't studied, experimented, and and been part of a community of over 100,000 people caring for who knows how many pools with hundreds of thousands of test results tracking chemical adds, cleaning techniques, etc. Go through the pool and collect all the model numbers, read the manuals, and whenever pool school and the manual offer differing advice, don't be afraid to ask about that. The answers are often wonderful!!! So yeah, welcome and enjoy all the time and money savings! Not to mention avoiding all the trouble that comes with the pool store/pool service industry's quest for profits (not that I'm against profits as long as they don't make my pool a source of trouble).