Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to forum Hello

1. Back To Top    #1

New to forum Hello

This is our 4th year of owning our pool and everything has been great except my wife has a sensitivity issue with chlorine i believe. Last year after reading from this forum we switched to the TFP method and while we probably had the nicest water in the neighborhood my wife would still breakout every time. No one else not even the young children. Does anybody have advice for a solution how about maybe switching to bromine I've read that may help. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    18x36 freestyle vinyl ig. Hayward 31" sand filter with hayward ecostar vs pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to forum Hello

Welcome to TFP!

Could you post full test results? Chlorine sensitivity is fairly rare and it's usually something else going on.

What kind of a break out? Rash?
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, please post current test results, especially CYA. There should be no rash with properly balanced water per TFP recommendations.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

PH out of balance usually causes more problems than anything else.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

We have not opened our pool yet this year so I dont have any current results. But over the last few years and reading this forum I've tried to become very particular in our water chemistry. Our cya has always been 50 and ph 7.4 - 7.6 however my wife still always gets a rash every where her swimsuit touches her the day after she swims. Any thoughts
    18x36 freestyle vinyl ig. Hayward 31" sand filter with hayward ecostar vs pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter