You'll have to excuse my ignorance and what I am sure are questions that have been answered. This is my first year with the pool and my first experience with algae. A few weeks ago I started noticing green algae blooms in the shaded portion of my pool. I maintained the pool throughout the winter, as to not let my levels get too far out of whack. However, the FC drifted a bit and when the algae started showing up I got them all back in check. I thought the algae problem might resolve itself with corrected levels and frequent brushing. Unfortunately that plan hasn't worked and every few days a small amount of algae will pop back up.
The pool looks fine otherwise and the water is clear. Before I dump 8 gallons of bleach into my pool I'd like to ask, is shocking the pool my only recourse at this point? I feel like I know what the answer will be. So I have a few follow up questions. Once shocked how long should I keep people out of the pool? Should I be turning off my SWG during this process?
FWIW, These are my current levels:
Thanks for the feedback and the help!