Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar panel orientation

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar panel orientation

I just ordered a solar pear panel for this year. My pool is on the north side of my house. Is it ok if I mount the panel long ways north and south? I can mount it east west butting will only get full sun for 7 or 8 hours due to trees.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Solar panel orientation

It depends where is Rantoul? The only one google finds is a town of 12,000 in central IL, if this is the one then you are at about 40 degrees north, is so tilt is going to matter a reasonably amount, best option is tilt to the south at about a 30 degree angle, followed by shallow tilt to the west, then east, and north being only remotely viable on a very low pitch roof, even then not suggested.

Please Update your location to show state, country, etc, location matters in much of the advice we give Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Solar panel orientation

Welcome to TFP!

Tell us more about your pool by updating your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post

How big is your pool? How big is your solar set up? What are you trying to accomplish?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach