New member to TFP!

May 1, 2016
Savannah, GA
Hello TFP! I wanted to introduce myself before browsing through all of the previous posts.

I live in coastal Georgia. I have had a chlorine pool for over since I can remember. I have an old school 20x40 6 inch radius in-ground vinyl pool built with wooden walls, I'm assuming it dates to the early or mid 80s. It was already at the home I purchased.

This coming week I am having the deteriorated liner replaced with a 27/27 McEwen liner. I am also replacing the in line chlorinated with a SWG. I guess in a sense I am starting up a new pool. I will be looking for other alternative sanitation systems that will compliment my new SWG.

Thanks for the forum. I look forward to reading the opinions of the members here.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

There are no alternative sanitation systems that we recommend. All you need is chlorine that the SWG will produce, and accurate testing to keep everything in balance.

We suggest if you need to augment the SWG (or to get the pool up and running before the SWG is working) to use plain old household 8.25% bleach.

After your liner is in, go ahead and use the PoolMath ap (found at the top of the page) for help determining how much Stabilizer, salt and bleach to put in immediately so you're protected from algae until the SWG can maintain the FC level.

Please take a little time to read PoolSchool articles up at the top of this website. Lots of helpful information!

Holler back with any questions. We're all volunteers here but we love pools!

Yip :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.