Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New member to TFP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Savannah, GA

New member to TFP!

Hello TFP! I wanted to introduce myself before browsing through all of the previous posts.

I live in coastal Georgia. I have had a chlorine pool for over since I can remember. I have an old school 20x40 6 inch radius in-ground vinyl pool built with wooden walls, I'm assuming it dates to the early or mid 80s. It was already at the home I purchased.

This coming week I am having the deteriorated liner replaced with a 27/27 McEwen liner. I am also replacing the in line chlorinated with a SWG. I guess in a sense I am starting up a new pool. I will be looking for other alternative sanitation systems that will compliment my new SWG.

Thanks for the forum. I look forward to reading the opinions of the members here.
    35k 20x40 IG Vinyl, 27/27 McEwen Pence Liner
    Hayward 27in Sand Filter, Hayward Maxiflo VS 1.5hp
    Hayward AQR15 SWG, Polaris 360 Robot

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New member to TFP!

Welcome to TFP!

There are no alternative sanitation systems that we recommend. All you need is chlorine that the SWG will produce, and accurate testing to keep everything in balance.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

We suggest if you need to augment the SWG (or to get the pool up and running before the SWG is working) to use plain old household 8.25% bleach.

After your liner is in, go ahead and use the PoolMath ap (found at the top of the page) for help determining how much Stabilizer, salt and bleach to put in immediately so you're protected from algae until the SWG can maintain the FC level.

Please take a little time to read PoolSchool articles up at the top of this website. Lots of helpful information!

Holler back with any questions. We're all volunteers here but we love pools!

12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

4. Back To Top    #4
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Through much research I have determined that the best complements to my SWG is a floatie and a tasty beverage!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach