Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What type of filter is this???

1. Back To Top    #1

What type of filter is this???

I have a friend that is a new pool owner of an old pool and he took a picture of his filter in hopes of learning something about it. It appears to be similar to my canister filter except it has multiple flat filters where mine has three large canisters. I will post a pic and would appreciate ANY insight or advice that could be offered. I'm a rookie to this but judging by his pics, I would guess that he will be equipment shopping soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pool (SWG)- 16,000 gal, Pebble Tec in-ground pool and in-ground hot tub (overflows into pool)
    Equipment- Chlorine generator (Nature2 Fusion Soft), Filter (Jandy Pro Series CV460), Pumps (main- Pentair Challenger 2HP/ Aux- Polaris PB4-60), Heater (Jandy Pro Series JXi), Cleaner (Polaris 280)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What type of filter is this???

That's a DE filter. Those are grids that are supposed to be coated with DE (Diatomaceous Earth) to assist in filtration. You have a multiport valve on the side that controls flow, filtration, and backwashing options.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What type of filter is this???

Diatomaceous Earth
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!