Ground Padding under a above ground Intex Pool

Bon

May 15, 2015
Arnprior, Ontario Canada
I will be installing my new Intex 16' x 48" pool soon and was thinking of different ground pads. I will be using the original ground sheet that comes with the pool, plus a Rino Ground pad. I was also thinking of using the "Connect-A-Mat" that are used for home day cares for infants to crawl on, they are also used for exercising on as well. Anyone ever use these to cushion the pool floor of their Intex Pool?

I used these and they work great, they are probably way cheaper and will last just as long... The foam is great and has no indentions at all and as long as you use good tape (I used gorilla extra strength tape) it should not separate.

Look through my installation below (page 2 mostly) to see how I and many others installed the foam :)

Shop STYROFOAM R5 Faced Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation (Common: 0.75-in x 4-ft x 8-ft; Actual: 0.687-in x 3.937-ft x 7.875-ft) at Lowes.com
Shop GORILLA 2.88-in x 90-ft Black Duct Tape at Lowes.com

I used the “connect-a-mat” style from Harbor Frieght. They call them FATIGUE MATS. My pool sets on a concrete slab and they are perfect. Not squishy, not hard, just firm enough. I used gorilla tape as well. The a thin felt pad between the mats and the liner. None of them moved at all. Very happy with them...