Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Basic Automation Q: Pentair Pump, AquaRite SWG, solar to come, lights possible

1. Back To Top    #1

Basic Automation Q: Pentair Pump, AquaRite SWG, solar to come, lights possible

Just starting to renovate our rectangular 17.5k gal. pool. Already has Pentair Intellifo pump and AquaRite SWG. Had solar but removed for PV panels, but will eventually get solar back.

I'm considering LED lights, solar, automated valves, poolsafe cover (already installed, but not automated). I understand Hayward and Pentair don't speak the same language, but is there a system, similar to easytouch, that will monitor and unite the different pool functions, with expandability to add the other items, such as:
    1. control solar for constant pool temp,
    2. actuate valves between spa and pool;
    3. Monitor SWG;
    4. Remote lighting,
    5. Open/Close pool cover?

the pool is relatively small, and automation is not essential, but I'm trying to plan ahead once I get everything "dialed in". Budget is a concern, so if its too expensive, it probably won't make sense, but I don't even have a clue at this point. Buddy has an easy touch system and its nice, but if its over a couple grand for the system, probably won't be worth it to me.

Thanx for any advice (including "don't bother, you're too cheap )
    Carlsbad, CA
    17,500 gal rectangular Midnight blue Quartzscape, Pentair Intelliflo, Poolstore Vergnugen, Aquarite Salinator renovated 2016 Spring

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Basic Automation Q: Pentair Pump, AquaRite SWG, solar to come, lights possible

I think you would be best to stick with Pentair automation if you do it due to your pump, but the Hayward SWG will have to be kept separate as it will not interface. Only thing you could do is put the SWG on a timer.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Basic Automation Q: Pentair Pump, AquaRite SWG, solar to come, lights possible

Check out the Zodiac IQ904-PS iAqualink bundle. $800 on Amazon.

Should do everything you need except possibly control the AQR. Small price to pay though.

Will control Pentair pump, Pentair lights, solar. Has solid solid web app and simple hardware to make that happen. Simple wiring using existing sub panel.

Not sure about the remote cover, don't have much experience with those. If all it needs is a relay, you're good to go.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source