Robot recommendation for a vinyl pool with a swim ledge and spill over spa?

Aug 18, 2015
MI
I have a 36 x 20 inground vinyl pool with a swim ledge, with a eight person spillover spa next to the pool. The deepest part of the pool is 6 feet. I am looking for recommendations on a robot cleaner that will be able to clean the walls, the top of the swim ledge, stairs and be able to clean the spillover spa. I have lots of leaves in my backyard and also some acorns. I am a first-time pool owner and I am just figuring out the inns and outs of pools. We have about $1000 budget. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I doubt any cleaner, robot or otherwise would be able to clean that size pool and be able to do the same for a spa connected by a spillover. Perhaps the pool and swim ledge but depends how deep the ledge is. If you could post more specifics about the depth of the swim ledge and perhaps a picture of the ledge area and spill over that would help.

I found a small Polaris P91 robot that I use just for my spa. I got it at Leslies a year or so ago on closeout. I use it during the winter when I get some leaves in the spa and the water is to cold for me to reach in to. You can find these things pretty cheap on ebay sometimes. I just throw it in and it might take 2 cycles but it gets everything out of the spa. I also used it for my backup if my Polaris 280 in the main pool broke down. (or once when my pump went).

I'm guessing the swim ledge has about 10" of water over but I will measure when I get home. I'm attaching a picture of the pool, I'll try to add some other ones when I get home. It's hard to see from this picture but the ledge is directly across from the spa.

But there's a chance I might need two robots?
image.jpg

If it were me I'd mostly be worried about having a robot for the pool that would have a shot at getting up on the ledge. Manually brushing/vacuuming the spa once or twice a week wouldn't be a big deal (for me). Do most of the leaves that land in the spa go over the spillway and into the pool? My spa is separate from my pool but when I need to vacuum it, I just use a piece of hose to get a gravity siphon going and suck the sand off the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.