Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Every morning my spa leaks about 2 inches of water

1. Back To Top    #1

Every morning my spa leaks about 2 inches of water

My first post and I hope I am posting in the right forum.
    I have a spa pool combo and the leak in my spa have me baffled. Let me try to explain the situation. The spa has a spill over, when the timer shut the system down, the next morning the spa would have leaked about an inch.
    However, if before the system shuts down I use the valve and turn of the spa return, the next morning there would be no leak, not even a cup would have leaked. I don't know if it's the check valve that is bad or the spa return valve. Can someone help in this matter please.

Thanks
    Hi, I have an elevated spa and pool, the pool is a 12000 gallons salt water pool and the spa is 750 gallons. It is an in-ground pool concrete with diamond bright finish. All Jandy equipment and pool was built and finish in June of 2009.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Every morning my spa leaks about 2 inches of water

More than likely it is a leaking check valve. If you have the kind that can be serviced, they are fairly easy to replace.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by mas985 View Post
    More than likely it is a leaking check valve. If you have the kind that can be serviced, they are fairly easy to replace.
    +1

Every time I've used my in-line puck chlorinator, my spa starts losing water overnight due to compromised innards on one of my check valves. I'm getting good at replacing them: Last time, the whole repair job took me about 3 minutes.
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

I want to thank both of you for replying, the problem was in my check valve like you mentioned. I was using some pool putty near the skimmer and I don't know how it happened but some of the putty was on the edge of the check valve flap, it was hard so I don't know how it got stuck there. After removing and replacing the check valve part it leak no more.
    Hi, I have an elevated spa and pool, the pool is a 12000 gallons salt water pool and the spa is 750 gallons. It is an in-ground pool concrete with diamond bright finish. All Jandy equipment and pool was built and finish in June of 2009.