Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you. That is all.

1. Back To Top    #1

Thank you. That is all.

I see a lot of people post on here asking for solutions to problems. The nice people who have been here a while usually take the long route of suggesting and nudging those folks toward following the TFP method completely and fully one step at a time. We all like to learn our lessons the hard way. My suggestion - read the sticky and follow it. It isn't complicated. If you do it just as it is, very well laid out, you will have a beautiful trouble free pool. No need to improvise.

I am saving loads of money, using the pool regularly and with very little effort. Now that everything is balanced and stable, I can enlist help easily if I am away.

So to TFP, thank you.
    Intex 16'x32'x54" 17Kgal AGP since 2014. Sand filter, Hayward skimmer, home built 10'x15' deck and stairs, solar heater. High TA tap water, moderate rainfall, weekly use. Treated with 10% bleach, MA and some dichlor initially. Soon to add borates.
    Taylor K2006C
    Future projects - automatic chlorine pump, online pool sensors, better heater, IGP (maybe)

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Thank you. That is all.

Well said! I sometimes think the newbies think there is an ulterior motive for the advice given. There isn't, for sure! We all just want everyone to have a clear, sparkling, TFP pool!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by welbo View Post
    I see a lot of people post on here asking for solutions to problems. The nice people who have been here a while usually take the long route of suggesting and nudging those folks toward following the TFP method completely and fully one step at a time. We all like to learn our lessons the hard way. My suggestion - read the sticky and follow it. It isn't complicated. If you do it just as it is, very well laid out, you will have a beautiful trouble free pool. No need to improvise.

I am saving loads of money, using the pool regularly and with very little effort. Now that everything is balanced and stable, I can enlist help easily if I am away.

So to TFP, thank you.
    Well said, and I also say TFP, thank you
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

4. Back To Top    #4

OK, let me throw out a shameless plug here. TFP is run by volunteers who get nothing for their time. The only way we keep the lights on and the electrons flowing is by folks who have found value in what we do making a donation. Yes, the guy who owns the web site also owns the company that makes and sells the test kits. I promise you, he is not making a killing on $68 test kits and puts money into TFP to keep it going.

So, if you have found value consider making a donation. TFP has recently become a 501 (c) charity under IRS rules, so your donation may be tax deductible (consult your tax advisor).

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the feedback. Congrats on successfully maintaining your pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    OK, let me throw out a shameless plug here. TFP is run by volunteers who get nothing for their time. The only way we keep the lights on and the electrons flowing is by folks who have found value in what we do making a donation. Yes, the guy who owns the web site also owns the company that makes and sells the test kits. I promise you, he is not making a killing on $68 test kits and puts money into TFP to keep it going.

So, if you have found value consider making a donation. TFP has recently become a 501 (c) charity under IRS rules, so your donation may be tax deductible (consult your tax advisor).

Hey neat! I wish I had known. I bought my K-2006C off another website just because I had used them before and already had my address saved. I'll definitely go to the site referenced in the link in the sticky from now on.
    Intex 16'x32'x54" 17Kgal AGP since 2014. Sand filter, Hayward skimmer, home built 10'x15' deck and stairs, solar heater. High TA tap water, moderate rainfall, weekly use. Treated with 10% bleach, MA and some dichlor initially. Soon to add borates.
    Taylor K2006C
    Future projects - automatic chlorine pump, online pool sensors, better heater, IGP (maybe)

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you for the kind words.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Did not even know about this, tim5055. Thanks to you, I have just donated. I found TFP a couple years ago and never took it to heart until ordering my kit a month or so ago. The help y'all give is amazing and, thanks to TFP, my pool is crystal again and I now UNDERSTAND why! It was hit or miss in the past relying on B&M testing "when I got around to it". Now, just dip some water and test. Coulnd't be easier!

Near the end of my first SLAM, next step is TA reduction (now at 180 - was 240!)

Happy to support such a great group!!
    16K gal, IG Free-Form Plaster (1986), 1 HP Pentair Superflo pump, PAC FAB FNS-36 DE Filter, Polaris 280, Screened, Cool Deck.
    Solar Heater
    TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post

Good post Tim, We know Dave won't ask for donations, that's why it is so easy to want to help in anyway. Besides getting all our test equipment and refills so inexpensively, from what I've saved in just one year, I can donate the max every year AND still be ahead.

That is if that's okay with Dave and you guys?

P.S. seriously, do I just go to the supporter page and pledge again?

Never mind I found the button at the bottom
    Last edited by lefty51; 05-01-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: found the answer
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir