Jacuzzi H-490000 flow switch problem

welbo

Apr 14, 2016
College Station, TX
I cannot get the flow sensing switch set right on this tub. It screws into the end of the heater and senses pressure so the control board knows when the pump turns on or off. The problem seems to be, it is a very small tub (220gal) and having it set right when no one is in it means when two people get in, the level comes up about 8" and the flow switch gets tripped, making the panel think the pump is running and causing a fault. My temporary fix is to make sure the pump is running before anyone gets in but if the pump times out while we are in it and I don't hit the button quick enough, it faults and I can't get it to run again with cycling power. That's no fun when you are trying to relax in a hot tub! Probably not too safe cycling 220V while dripping wet either!

Any idea what I can replace this switch with? It is a simple single pole adjustable pressure switch screwed into a standard 1/8" pipe thread on the heater. It seems like a reed switch would be more appropriate but I haven't found anything like that.

Frankly, the whole control board really sucks. I would like to save up for a replacement Balboa. That's not cheap though. And I haven't been able to find much on what the installation would entail. If it is a big project, I don't have the time for it for a while. I'm hoping someone else who had this problem found an easy cheap fix and would be willing to share.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.