Another Newbie

May 1, 2016
Florida
Moderator note - Moved from this thread Newbie - Page 2

Also a newbie and this thread tells me everything I need to know. Drain to get my CYA under control. Had some reoccurring algae and kept increasing chlorine and couldn't get rid of it. I brush and clean my filter until I was green in the gills. Shocked and it would be gone for a few days. I've had my chlorine up around 14-16 ppm and its finally making a dent. I can't keep this level of chlorine up. Worried about my equipment. Thanks for all the info. BTW, I just got my Taylor K-2006 kit to figure out my CYA a few weeks ago. It all makes sense now.

Hello FL rookie! :wave: The best thing in all of this (besides your great attitude) is that you have a very good test kit. Just so we have everything on this (your) new thread, can you please post a full set of test results? It will really help us keep this all together. Glad to hear that you are starting to understand things now. We'll help give you a few pointers and before you know it, you'll be a pro.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.