Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another Newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

Another Newbie

Moderator note - Moved from this thread Newbie - Page 2

Also a newbie and this thread tells me everything I need to know. Drain to get my CYA under control. Had some reoccurring algae and kept increasing chlorine and couldn't get rid of it. I brush and clean my filter until I was green in the gills. Shocked and it would be gone for a few days. I've had my chlorine up around 14-16 ppm and its finally making a dent. I can't keep this level of chlorine up. Worried about my equipment. Thanks for all the info. BTW, I just got my Taylor K-2006 kit to figure out my CYA a few weeks ago. It all makes sense now.
    New-be guesses - StaRite Filter - Pentair 333K - IG
    Space Coast Florida Rookie

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Another Newbie

Hello FL rookie! The best thing in all of this (besides your great attitude) is that you have a very good test kit. Just so we have everything on this (your) new thread, can you please post a full set of test results? It will really help us keep this all together. Glad to hear that you are starting to understand things now. We'll help give you a few pointers and before you know it, you'll be a pro.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

You're well on your way to getting your pool under control! Nice work!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

14-16ppm FC isn't too much assuming your CYA is at least 40. The CYA is what buffers your FC.

Check this out--> Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter