Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Questions about pool poles

1. Back To Top    #1

Questions about pool poles

We moved into a house a couple of years ago with a pool. We had someone maintain the pool and this year I decided to do it myself. Looking through the shed, I found some pool poles and was hoping to use them since they looked like they were in good shape. One of the poles has a metal piece at the end of it with a screw (picture attached). I tried researching on the internet how I can get attachments to it but could not find anything. I was wondering if someone can explain how this pool expands.

Another pole's had a plastic cam lock that cracked. I saw on the internet replacements for the cam lock but was wondering from other peoples experience if it made sense to replace or just buy another pole?

Thanks
    -Dimitry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    28000 gallon outdoor in-ground Plaster Pool; 3/4 HP PB4-60 Polaris Pump; Magnetek Century Centurion 2 HP Filter Pump; Pentair FNS Plus 60sq ft DE Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Questions about pool poles

I have no idea about the first one but the second cam lock is a ten dollar part on amazon. Probably worth repair over replace
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

It looks like there is a brand name on the end of the pole. Try researching that. The pole looks pretty good, but I find that sometimes I spend too much time researching things to save a couple dollars, and that time could have been better spent. Good luck!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Might be best to just get a new $20 pole over at your local pool supply place. Plus you might need a brush and a few other things.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

First pole is half of an internal cam lock pole. They are very durable, put pricey. This is what you see most pool guys running around with.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source