Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin M400 powers supply enclosure

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin M400 powers supply enclosure

I was wondering if anyone has an enclosure they purchased or made to house the Dolphin m400 specifically its power supply.

My shed is a hike from my pool so I'd like something I can keep on the pool deck or near the pool equipment.

I'm specifically concerned about keep the power supply dry in case it rains when the robot is working as the pool store guy told me it is not waterproof on water resistant.

I was looking at small plastic shed but concerned if they have enough venting for any heat the unit generates?

First run it did a nice job with my very dirty pool and cleaning the filters was as simple as everyone said it would be.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin M400 powers supply enclosure

Welcome to TFP.

I've never seen anyone mention one, but it doesn't mean I didn't miss that. Did yours come with a Caddy, and holder built into it for the supply?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Welcome to TFP.

I've never seen anyone mention one, but it doesn't mean I didn't miss that. Did yours come with a Caddy, and holder built into it for the supply?
    It did come with the caddy and holder and it works great. I'm just concerned with rain coverage more then storage I guess.

What does everyone else do if it rains? I'm sure it happens that a sudden unexpected T storm pops up and the power supply gets soaked. Or is that not an issue?

4. Back To Top    #4

After going thru 3 power supplies for my DX4, I now cover mine with a smoker cover I found at Lowes. I've not had a power supply problem since covering it.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

5. Back To Top    #5

I keep my power supply in a sheltered location to keep both water and direct sunlight off of it. Heat is a killer of any electronic device, so being in direct sun is not going to do it any good.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.