Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Been on here a while never posted

1. Back To Top    #1

Been on here a while never posted

Hey everyone,

I've been on here for about 9 months, never posted anything just reading and learning. I've been doing the pool maintenance on my pools for the last couple of years. I was flying with the seat of my pants on the chemical levels, but I think I have finally figured these things out. For the past couple of years I've had a 15 foot round summer escapes pool, didn't really have to worry about the chemicals being correct, because I always drained and stored the pool over the winter. I upgraded to a 24 foot round summer escape pool, this one I won't be draining every winter so I need my chemicals as close as possible. I had add some PHdown because my TA was at 180 and my PH was at 7.9. I was a little skeptical at first, but with the pool calculator is was confident. I add the acid on Tuesday morning and started aerating so my PH wasn't to low. I checked the Ph after a couple of hours and it was at 7.6, and my TA was at 130. I plan on checking my TA on Sunday to see where it is at and go from there. MY FC was at .5 on Monday so I added some liquid chlorine that I bought at Walmart which is 10 percent chlorine. Clorox bleach is 8.25. I added half a gallon and the FC is at 2.0. I ordered a CYA tester since my test kit doesn't have one, I should have it on Wednesday.
    Jonathan - Dothan Alabama
    24 ft Round Summer Escapes Pool 13000 gallons* Vinyl * Liquid Chlorine and 3 inch pucks * 19 in Zeo brite sand filter * Hayward 1 hp pump * *

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Been on here a while never posted

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on your first pool upgrade! We had a few upgrades as well.

Sounds like your are off to a pretty good start.

Skip the PH down and buy 31.45% muriatic acid from Lowes or HD. Lots cheaper. Here is a handy chemical summary page, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Have you been through most of the ABCs? Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Yea, I have been through it a couple of times. At first it was like over my head, but after going through it a couple of times, I figured out. It really isn't that hard, you just have to stay on top of things, if not you will have a mess.
    Jonathan - Dothan Alabama
    24 ft Round Summer Escapes Pool 13000 gallons* Vinyl * Liquid Chlorine and 3 inch pucks * 19 in Zeo brite sand filter * Hayward 1 hp pump * *

4. Back To Top    #4

I so hear you on the ABC pool school-----so much info that it takes a few reads and doing for to really sink in.

KIM
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome out of lurkdom!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter