Newbie. Bought Pentair Intelliflo on Ebay, supposedly minor damage.

Apr 17, 2016
Clinton/MS
I purchased a pump on Ebay that is supposed to only have a damaged foot. However, right before the buyer shipped, I looked at completed auctions and saw he has sold the same pump last month. Sent several massages over last four days but no response as to why pump was returned. Not too big of a deal, seller accepts returns and called Ebay and was told not to worry, I could use their return procedure if he would not accept it.

So now I am wondering if there is anyway to test the pump without actually un-installing my current working pump? Current pump is very loud and I just wanted something newer and quieter. I saved about $300 by buying this pump over a new one but am almost certain to return it because doesn't seem worth the risk.

What are the major problems that Pentair Intelliflo pumps have that I should look for? I do have an older gentlemen that is my "pool guy." I know however he doesn't know much about a pump like this. He could likely perform any test for me. Any comments welcome. Thanks.

If and only if you are comfortable working with electricity, you could hook the pump up to power to make sure the drive is active and you can see the menus. You can also run the pump for a few seconds just to make sure the drive works and it runs smoothly. If the menus work and the motor runs, it should be ok to install.

Thank you. I purchased a cord for a clothes dryer at Lowes and wired the black and red to the pump L1 and L2 and then wired the green wire to ground. Next I just hooked it up to my insider dryer electrical outlet and was able to test. The menus work and the motor does run. I didn't want to uninstall my working pump. My pool guy is going to install the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.