Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to TFP--Hey Y'all

1. Back To Top    #1

New to TFP--Hey Y'all

Hey Y'all,

I just found TFP. I'm excited to finally have a place to start. I've been doing my own maintenance/Service for the past 15 years in Columbia, SC. Its been hit or miss sometimes. My local pool store is very supportive, though I'm sure they'd love it if I quit doing things myself and called them every time something went wrong.
    Very happy to have found you.
    2=
    29K, Gunnite built in 2001, resurfaced 2012 KrystalKrete, 1.5 HP Heyward pump, Polaris with Booster, Sta-Rite System 3 Cartridge filter system, Jandy L2 heater, SWG Heyward Aquarite T-15

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to TFP--Hey Y'all

Welcome to TFP!!

I'm gonna guess the pool store is on Forest Drive with a big chair out front.

They are nice folks
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice to have a TFP'er in the neighborhood there in SC. Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP! Thanks for supporting the site!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Thnx, Tim.
    yup, that'd be my closest pool store.
    29K, Gunnite built in 2001, resurfaced 2012 KrystalKrete, 1.5 HP Heyward pump, Polaris with Booster, Sta-Rite System 3 Cartridge filter system, Jandy L2 heater, SWG Heyward Aquarite T-15

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome and thanks for supporting the site!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by rpfelderiii View Post
    Thnx, Tim.
    yup, that'd be my closest pool store.
    They are actually nice folks there, but testing results vary by who does them. If Stephen does the testing they can be close. If any of the summer help does it you may as well just roll the dice.

Stephen & Jack are from Florida and understand liquid chlorine as that was how they were trained in FL. Stephen even talked about starting to sell bulk chlorine but was not sure the market was big enough in Columbia. They sell 10% in season, but the turnover is a little slow. I had to explain to one employee that liquid does not add CYA as she swore their liquid was "stabilized".
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

8. Back To Top    #8

Hey there sort of neighbor Welcome to TFP! Tim will keep an eye on you good. He knows his stuff!

Tim, too bad this pool store you like isn't sure of the demand for liquid chlorine. They could *teach* customers that it's a reliable option for pool care. Expand on their test kits and everything..... oooh what fun it would be to have a TFP style store!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Thank you for going bronze! Welcome!
    If I was effective, and your pool makes you smile, please make me smile and CLICK HERE to Become a TFP Supporter!
    Also, please make AmazonSmile donate to TFP by CLICKING HERE, at no cost to you!
    My Florida Pool: 20k IG plaster cart K-2006 | Washington State Pool I help with: 17k AG vinyl sand TF-100