Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: dirt keeps getting in hot tub ...

1. Back To Top    #1

dirt keeps getting in hot tub ...

So we just built a house and our yard is still just dirt from all the construction.... anytime the wind blows (we live in the country so there's nothing blocking it) it's lifts the lid a bit and I get dirt in the hot tub. .. is there any simple solution to keep dirt out?
    2013 Hot Spring Spas High life Grandee

500 Gallons

ACE Saltwater sanitizing system (Currently non functioning)

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: dirt keeps getting in hot tub ...

Weight down the lid with some bricks or something else heavy. Maybe you have boxes of books or china you haven't unpacked yet?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Queensland, Australia

We have clips on our cover that holds it down. Is in an above-ground or in-ground spa?
    5900 litre or 1558 gal above ground swim spa. Approx 5 years old and heated to 37 degrees celsius year round. Cartridge filter, ozonator, Nature2 mineral sanitiser, Aqua Health non chlorine based shock, Lithium Hypochlorite dosed at each spa usage. Filled using mostly stored rainwater from tanks, and town water when the tanks are drained.

4. Back To Top    #4

The Netherlands, Europe

What kind of lid do you have? My lid never lifts even with lots of wind. I forgot to lock it once when a storm was coming and even the next day the lid was still closed.
    Sunspa Monaco in the garden since March 2011.