My First Walmart Run - How much should I get?!

sh9730

Apr 17, 2016
Casa Grande, AZ
Hi again,

OK - repair job 99% complete (see other threads for me re-install after buckled pavers). Just waiting for the replacement support leg to arrive to refill pool.

So today we need to make a Walmart run - I wanted to take advantage of the trip to get some BBB supplies - but I haven't yet had a chance to delve into the chemistry things yet - although I do have my TF-100.

For our 18x9x52 pool (Intex says 7K gallons) - how much Clorox, Baking Soda, and Borax should I start with on this first trip?

Thanks!

Lots of unknown there, especially without water test results. But at the very least, you can expect to need 2-4 ($2.95 ea) gallons of Great Value bleach (laundry section) and one container of some granular stabilizer ($16) from their pool section. You may also need a gallon of muriatic acid, obtained either from your local hardware store or pool store. One box of borax and baking soda is fairly cheap. You may not need it at the moment, but while you're there you can grab those anyways. :) I wouldn't get too much more until you run your first set of results, then you can get really accurate.

We generally do not recommend "stocking up" on Borax or baking soda. Not every pool needs either/both of them so no real need to have it sitting around. Bleach/chlorine you will need every day and muratic acid will probably be needed at least once or twice a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.