What water temp is best for adding salt?

Finally 4 weeks after opening I got to add the salt when the temp was 70. Soon after I began getting a 120 error code - low current forward to cell. I ended up having to call the pool people. The pool company came out and said it was possibly the transformer and if not that then I need an entire new system. Transfer and labor is near $500 and New system is $1500 plus labor. This is something I can NOT do myself. I'm thinking of just using chlorine tabs this year. It puts out some chlorine when on at 100% even low the code is Low forward current to cell. Anyone else had to live with tabs in the skimmer? TIA!!! I should add that I have been putting in Liquid Chlorine (Pool Essentials from Walmart Chlorinating Liquid) but after 2 days there is no residual chlorine. I prefer the liquid but it doesn't last very long.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The FC was 2 doing the Overnight test with everything off this morning. With pump running FC is 4. I have decided that I cannot do anything this year to fix the 120 code or replace the system (see problem above 3 posts). If I want a new system next year it will be $1800 with labor for a 3 year warranty. Pool people will not use or work with any part that I buy (like a new cell online with a 1 yr warranty). Suggestions are appreciated - please note I cannot do ANY installation labor and I cannot read flowcharts and diagrams due to brain injury. Helpful advice is greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.